The Kino Library was officially founded in 1978. Efforts were immediately begun to build an outstanding theological collection to meet the needs of Catholic adults in the Phoenix area. Since its beginning the library has expanded to provide theological and biblical resources for adults of many faiths in the southwest. Today the library has grown to over 25,000 English and Spanish resources.
Kino participants and the public are encouraged to use these excellent resources. The collection includes extensive reference materials including LOGOS Scholars Library, periodicals, video and audio tapes. In addition, the following online databases are accessible: ATLA/ATLAS, Religious and Theological Abstracts, and FirstSearch (11 databases). Computers are available for patrons to search these and other related websites. An interlibrary loan service increases access to materials.
Kino Library is home to a large selection of resources, including books, databases, and media. The online public access catalog may be searched through the link on the library website.
Books: The major emphasis of the collection is in theology, biblical studies, and spirituality. Books are available in both the English and Spanish language.
- Databases: Extending the research value of the collection, the library subscribes to the following :
- ATLA/ATLAS (American Theological Library Association) – Index of over 500 scriptural and theological journals. (full-text for up to 75 of the journals)
- Religious and Theological Abstracts
- First Search: 11 databases available through the state of Arizona
Computers are available for patron access to the databases and the internet.
- Periodicals: Many of the approximately 150 periodicals to which the library subscribes are indexed in the Catholic Periodical and Literature Index, ATLA, or Religious and Theological Abstracts.
- Media: In addition to books and bound periodicals, the library maintains a substantial collection of videotapes, CD’s, and DVD’s. The LOGOS Scholars Library Series X, Encyclopedia Judaica, and several Scripture commentary series are accessible on the library computers.
Kino Library provides inter-library loan from other libraries.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
12:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Phone: (602) 354-2311
Circulation & Loan Periods
Books/Vertical File 4 Weeks
Audio & Video Cassettes 3 Weeks
Audio books, CD’s, DVD’s 3 Weeks
You may return books in the book drop across from the Chapel at the Diocesan Pastoral Center.
Library cards, valid for 1 year from the date of issue, are free to participants registered at Kino Institute and other theological programs of study. Others pay a $10.00 fee. Fines: All items 25¢/item/day. Copies of the library circulation policies are available at the circulation desk.
E-mail address for renewals and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Darcy Peletich, OSF, Librarian
- M.A. Pastoral Counseling (1988), Loyola College, Baltimore, MD
- M.A. Theology (1984), St. Mary’s Seminary and University, Baltimore, MD
- M.A. Instructional Design (1977), University of Iowa City, IA
- M.L.S. Librarianship (1972), Emporia State University, Emporia, KS
- B.A. History (1969), Briar Cliff College, Sioux City, IA