The curriculum consists of all the courses in the Essentials of the Catholic Faith program, plus two Catechist Formation courses.
The Essentials and Catechist Formation program is designed to provide an introductory formation for:
- Catholic school teachers
- Those not yet ready to enter the full two-year formation process
- Parish volunteers
- Parish groups
It does this by:
- Presenting an overview of the Church’s mission of evangelization and catechesis.
- Providing skills to assist with the conversion of those they serve.
- Facilitating conversion in the life of the catechist.
- Imparting to the catechist the story of salvation history, developing the foundation for Biblical catechesis.
- Helping participants to know the Deposit of Faith through a systematic and complete study of United States Catholic Catechism for Adults (USCCA).
ESS101 Divine Revelation
ESS102 Foundations of Salvation History
ESS103 Life of Christ
ESS104 Christ and His Mission
ESS105 Celebration of the Christian Mystery
ESS106 Foundation of the Life in Christ
ESS107 Love Your Neighbor
CAT101 Catechetical Methods and Practice
CAT102 Catechetical Specialization Areas: Children’s Catechesis, Youth Evangelization, and RCIA/Adult Faith Formation.
Classes are offered on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. throughout the year and during a two-week program in June.
- 18 years of age or older
- Completed registration form
$125.00 (Includes 8 mini-courses of Essentials of the Catholic Faith and the 2 courses in catechesis.)